Back when I was a kid, Blogs were called 'imaginary friends' and were only slightly more pathetic.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Not Quite As Efficient As A Nervous Breakdown...



Well, after missing several days with the flu I sort of 'voluntarily got fired' from my job this week. What I was told by my temp representative was that they 'want to go in a different direction, but could probably be talked into giving me another chance'.

Interesting position to put me in. Do I really want to fight for a temp warehouse job with a company with absolutely no place to get promoted to? Do I really want to battle for a career at an alarm wholesaler where I'd get to work with 4 soul-dead salesmen whose only source of joy is talking down to the warehouse guy? Do I really want to be stocking shelves when I turn 35 years old next month? In a word, no, In several words, Oh for the love of fucking jesus, no.

So here we are in familiar territory, in-tro-spec-tion. The only thing I know for sure at this point is that warehouse work is a dead end (something most people figure out by the time they're 16 and see what their best friend from shop is doing since he dropped out to form a band and smoke pot, in reverse order). So armed with that bit of fresh knowledge, now maybe I can follow something through for a change and learn me up some Microsoft Office and get me one of them sweet 'sit down' jobs.

Of course, if you have a pile of jobs sitting around that you're not using, let me know. Otherwise, I'll keep you posted.

|

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home