Back when I was a kid, Blogs were called 'imaginary friends' and were only slightly more pathetic.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Tell 'em where you been with a T-shirt!!


I don't know about you, but I have to believe in something pretty strongly before I seek it out in 'T-shirt form'. For instance, the other day at a local Carl's Jr., I saw a rather out of shape, mostly toothless woman standing around wearing a shirt depicting a Latino gentleman carrying his comically large stomach around in a wheelbarrow. The shirt was emblazoned with the witty warning, "NO TEQUILA, NO FUCKING WORK...". Now that's obviously something that woman felt passionate about and god bless her for being so forthright about her alcoholism.

If I'm going to go to the trouble and expense of tracking down someone who's crystalized my political/sports beliefs into a logo or slogan that fits nicely across the chest, it's gonna be something I'm passionate about. For instance, a long time ago I had a t-shirt from Akron University. I'd never attended, didn't know anyone who attended, and had no intention of ever going there. The word Akron, however, is funny, and I honestly believed that.

That said, check out this page of racist, hate filled, Nascar-ready wear. My personal favorite is 'Nuke the Moon', funny if you're 10...and from 1975...and retarded...no I mean really retarded...like soiling yourself nonstop retarded...

|

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home