Back when I was a kid, Blogs were called 'imaginary friends' and were only slightly more pathetic.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

World's Silliest Skank...

Mmmmm... Classy.

I've never understood anyone who enjoys Mariah Carey. Her music is just annoying, trapped-animal-sounding voice excercises with a crappy beat or sappy generic studio stings behind them, and let's just say her 'look' has always been a wee bit trashy.

But here's the Coup De Graah (sic); Apparently, her movie 'Glitter', which was one of the most unintentionally funny movies ever made ever (I don't count Showgirls, as i believe that was all on purpose), only failed because of, yup you guessed it, 9/11.

Glitter was ahead of its time – today it's 'in' to make 80's music. But the timing was bad - I released it around September 11 2001. The talk shows needed something to distract from 9/11. I became a punching bag. I was so successful that they tore me down because my album was at number 2 instead of number 1. The media was laughing at me and attacked me. - Mariah Carey


I would try to impart to Mariah how contemptably offensive a statement like that is, but I'm sure she's been called much worse and each time she hears someone try and tell her how mind-numbingly ignorant she is, her head probably cocks to the side like when you try and explain string theory to a dog.

Special thanks to the starfuckers at Stereogum

|

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home