Back when I was a kid, Blogs were called 'imaginary friends' and were only slightly more pathetic.

Friday, April 08, 2005

You Can't Spell 'Revenge Of The Sith' without 'Revenge Of The Shit'

Coming soon to an annoying secretary's desk near you!

I just wanted to copyright the title above, as I'm sure many people will want to use it in the next few months and now they'll have to pay me for the privilege! Get in touch with my agent, Ebert!

Chewbacca on the cross! Is there anything that hasn't been licensed to Star Wars at this point? Many people will point to the Darth Tater Mr. Potato Head as the 'zenith' of saturation marketing, but I'm pretty sure that award belongs to the R2D2 Cheese-Its I saw last week.

By the time this guaranteed stinker of a movie comes out (If you're optimistic, look here, here, and here to be re-Neducated), everyone's going to be so sick of the idea of seeing these characters that they'll rush out and rent Krull. At least that's what I'll be doing. Then again, what do I know? After all, Lucas' sheep are already lining up, even if it's at the wrong theatre.

I bring this up because Jeff over at Derelict Junction has promised an upcoming photo essay of the most egregious of Lucas' offenses, marketing wise. Remember, I said 'promised' and 'upcoming', so don't hassle him asking where it is or he's likely to turn his site into an automatically loading Jar Jar Binks wallpaper for your desktop.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to finish my bowl of 'Greed-Os'.

|

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home