Back when I was a kid, Blogs were called 'imaginary friends' and were only slightly more pathetic.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

A toast to the geeks...

The other day I realized that David Cross, funny fucker and complete genius, had been on Air America radio co-hosting Janeane Garofalo's radio show 'Majority Report'. 10 years ago I would have had to resign myself to the fact that I had missed it and would have to go on living my life. But now, in this day and age, thanks to complete dorks who have a lot more free time than I do, (which doesn't seem possible as I have been underemployed for the last 5 months and the hard part of relocating, moving and getting a new place has been accomplished) I can listen to an archived version with the commercials cut out 24 hours later. AIR AMERICA PLACE

Sometimes I think this is ruining the upcoming generation of children, as some of my fonder memories of growing up are year-long pursuits of things that you could now find after a 3-second google search. Part of the experience of being a dateless dork is a permanent sense of longing, whether it be for the new season of Dr. Who, the next issue of Watchmen or for a woman that will let you feel her breasts.

And now, Dorks run the world...

|

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home