Back when I was a kid, Blogs were called 'imaginary friends' and were only slightly more pathetic.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Travel 20 miles and you might as well be in Topeka Kansas

Today me and the lovely wife took off south to....SAN JOSE. There we found the Container Store and Crate & Barrell.

Just the drive down there from Oakland is horrifying. Every 4 miles the scenery repeats itself. Levitz, In-n-out burger, Home Depot, WalMart, Target, etc. etc. etc. You'd have a hard time convincing me that there's any difference at all between Hayward, Milpitas, Fremont or San Jose. It's all the same godawful mall.

The sick thing is that after 4 years of living in Connecticut, the weekend process of going to the mall and eating at whatever T.G.I.-Applebees or Ruby Callenders is along the way is a hard habit to break. This last saturday we found ourselves at Marie Callenders, waiting in line for a table with a bunch of mouth-breathers picking up pies to take home to their more 'housebound' relatives.

I had the 'baja caesar' salad, and despite the fact of being a combination of words I don't have a problem with, when combined in food form was pretty disgusting. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it turned out to be a Caesar salad with taco seasoning poured on it.

Ick....

|

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home