Back when I was a kid, Blogs were called 'imaginary friends' and were only slightly more pathetic.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Coup Fourre!! Turns Out I Like Music After All



I don't know if anyone remembers the game 'Milles Bornes', the french auto driving card game where the object is to drive a thousand kilometres? Other players try to impede your progress by playing 'flat tire' cards or giving you an 'accident'. No? Can you people in the back hear me? .... ("Who's he talking to? There's nobody back there).

Well anyway, 'Coup Fourre' is what you shout if someone tries to give you an impedement card but you already have the card that counteracts it (i.e. puncture-proof tires or a tank of gas). Good god, this is taking longer than I thought to explain. I don't know why I bother some times. Didn't I have a point when I started this?

Oh yes. I take back everything I said about the death of music 2 days ago. I didn't think a remedy would arrive this quickly, but arrive it did in the form of the new album by 'Gorillaz' called 'Demon Days'. A total work of freaggin' genius from start to finish, Gorillaz is a collaboration of Dan the Automator, Damon Albarn of Blur, Miho Hattori of Cibo Matto, Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz of Talking Heads and now joining them this album, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien and Kid Koala.

This album (yes, I still call them albums, it's so cute) so seamlessly blends together different styles that upon first listen a little confusion may set in. Upon further listens though it seems to get richer and richer, or maybe that's just me getting drunker and drunker. Either way, I like music again!

Demon Days is released May 25th. Buy it.

|

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home