Back when I was a kid, Blogs were called 'imaginary friends' and were only slightly more pathetic.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

I Call Shenanigans!!

The brackets are up in Bizness's comedy movie March Madness competition, and already I call bullshit.

No Strange Brew, Fletch or Holy Grail? Wrong. No Lebowski, Spinal Tap, Cheech & Chong or early Steve Martin? Nope.

Now let's take a look at some of the movies that DID make it; Hollywood Shuffle, the Incredibles, Sullivan's Travels, To Be or Not To Be, Heathers. Most of those movies I don't mind, but amongst the 32 funniest of all time? Hardly.

I understand that film geeks love to flex their history muscles, forcing laughter as they sit through Modern Times to show everyone else in the theatre how smart they are, but honestly, is there any list that the 'cinema-elite' can't ruin with their insistence that Laurel & Hardy and Harold Lloyd are the funniest people to ever walk the earth?

And what's with the need that people feel to heap praise on Pixar movies? If you remove the work of a team of computer nerds from Monsters Inc., you're left with the worst Billy Crystal movie ever made (and that's sayin' something). Case closed.

In the end, I suppose it's all subjective and I shouldn't whine about it, but I just feel like it's another case of 'too many cooks' taking a decent idea and turning it into a bland broth of geek's gumbo.

|

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home