Back when I was a kid, Blogs were called 'imaginary friends' and were only slightly more pathetic.

Monday, November 08, 2004

Don't You Have Anything Better To Do?


Hi, I'm Oliver Stone, remember me? I used to make movies with bold political messages, questioning our leaders and never taking for granted that those in power are acting in the public's best interest.

Now I make movies about football and irrelevant female masturbation pics featuring Colin Farrell in a loincloth.

For christsakes, Remember Platoon? JFK? Born on the 4th? Nixon? Shit, even The Doors seemed to be a scathing indictment of right wing 'squares' that just didn't get it.

Now he makes movies like 'Any Given Sunday' and 'Alexander'. Thanks Oliver. Thanks for abandoning the only thing you do well when your country needs it most.

Looking on IMDB, I see that he's made a few documentaries recently, but unless your name's Michael Moore and you can make them funny enough to appeal to the masses, stick with what you know. They already made Alexander. It had Brad Pitt in it, lonely women couldn't stop talking about it for about a week, and now it's completely forgotten. Is that really how you want to be remembered as the country you claim to love is being flushed down the right wing toilet?

Sorry. There's so many people to blame for last week that I figured I'd try and come up with someone no one else had.

|

1 comments:

Blogger Admin blathered...

...and it's in(spite/sight)ful commentary like this that has made me add a link to your page. Well said...

I think, as a Canadian, I'll blame Don Cherry - yea...he most certainly had a part in it.

3:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home