Back when I was a kid, Blogs were called 'imaginary friends' and were only slightly more pathetic.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Everyone's Hell is Different


Went to watch football yesterday at the Englander Pub nearby in San Leandro. As a sports bar and place to catch games, it's pretty good. Lotsa Tvs and pretty good food. It's only draw back is that it's in the east bay, and is full of people from the east bay.

During the entire second half of yesterday's action, two Seahawks fans (which makes it even worse since I myself follow them) were cheering on their team in a loud, obnoxious way, screaming at every goddamn play. Now don't get me wrong, I encourage and appreciate passionate fans, but these two forklift operating douchebags were really over the top for no good reason other than to obviously let off the steam caused by their failed marriages and unwanted children.

At one point, the bartender was serving us drinks during one of their screaming sessions. He just turned to us deadpan and said, "Welcome to my personal hell.". The two people I was with agreed and pointed out that you always think being a bartender in a sports bar would be a dream job, but after a couple weeks, you would probably swear off sports altogether.

At the end of the game, the two dipshits screamed the countdown, which caused the bartender to once again roll his eyes and let us know how happy he was that the game had ended. Amen, brother, and I apologize for everyone else from Seattle.

|

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home