Back when I was a kid, Blogs were called 'imaginary friends' and were only slightly more pathetic.

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Skywalker Ranch

Got to go to Skywalker Ranch yesterday and fulfill every bedwetter's dream by walking around George Lucas' 'world that Jar-Jar built'. Unfortunately I'm sworn to secrecy, but I did manage to sneak this picture of a couple of door-stops;


It's a strange little Utopian society that they've got going up there. Once you walk in, you have to adorn half-assed Storm Trooper costumes made of paper (you'd think authentic ones would be easy to get...). Then comes a strange ceremony wherein a man dressed as Han Solo (again, not a good costume, he was just wearing a t-shirt that said "I'm Han Solo" on it) takes you into a private room and asks you what your LEAST favorite George Lucas movie is. I said 'Howard the Duck' and he punched me right in the business and asked me again. After quite a while, I figured out the answer he was looking for. Now pay attention, If you're ever invited to Lucas Ranch and asked this question, the answer is, "Mr. Lucas doesn't make bad movies, you're thinking of Rainer Fassbinder".

Probably the strangest part of 'Camp Droopy McCool' (I thought it was a strange nickname too) is the monetary system. When you buy things at the gift shop or cafeteria, instead of money, you use large amounts of money. Luckily, there's tons of it lying around. A Cheese sandwich at the 'Temple of Lunch' deli will run you about 138 million dollars, but once again, it's not hard to find that much money plugging up the intake vents.

Anyway, I won't mention who let us in, cause truth is he could be fired for not wiping our memories afterwards, but thanks to him/her for an interesting look behind the man who brought us Captain EO...

|

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home