Back when I was a kid, Blogs were called 'imaginary friends' and were only slightly more pathetic.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

The Last Album That Everyone Loved...


Oh Fred, can't you even take a picture without being a jackass?

If you ask me to summarize what's wrong with society today, after 2 hours of me talking about Good Charlotte and A Simple Plan I would eventually start to talk about the massive specialization that music has undergone. Music is so genred and sub-genred now that no one even gets a chance to listen to something different.

Which brought up the question, when did this happen? When did it become impossible for everyone to agree that an album was good or bad, even if it only happened once in a great while. The thing that puzzles me is that I can't figure out whether or not this is a good thing. Is it better that I don't have to share my specific tastes with the masses or is it better that once every hundred years a product comes along that is so good that EVERYONE must recognize?

Cosmic Thing by the B-52s is the last album I can think of that crossed every damn line in the book. Jock to geek, Mod to metal, if you had a party in any college from Dayton to Dartmouth you could slap this fucking CD in the player and nobody would call for it's termination.

The challenge is put to you, dear miniscule readership. Name me some other examples of the last time that everyone loved something. Movie, Broadway musical, whatever...

|

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home